Friday, July 3, 2009

Follow the yellow brick road..

When I was little, maybe around 5, I was obsessed with the Wizard of Oz. I remember having a Toto piggy bank, a Dorothy basket (with Toto inside), a Glinda the Good Witch doll and I'm sure I had other things. My parents tell me that for a while, I wouldnt even let anyone call me my own name. I would just say "Call me Dorothy!" and refuse to answer until they did. I wanted to be Dorothy.

A recent chain of events has left me feeling like I am Dorothy, and it's not awesome like I thought it would be. Dorothy was taken away from everything she was familiar with and thrown into this weird place. Thats where I am now..not in Kansas anymore. At the risk of sounding really cheezy, I am following the yellow brick road right now, seeing where it can take me..and hoping it is somewhere good.

I went through the breaking-off of an engagement a few months ago, lost a job and started a new degree course. All of my closest, dearest friends have recently moved away and I am still here. Basically, everything is changing..I am just doing my best to keep up with it and move forward.

I could go into some more metaphorical BS about how the lion, the tinman and the scarecrow are all parts of me, looking for fulfillment on this journey...but I dont think this is going to be that kind of blog.

3 comments:

  1. The Wizard of Oz was my favorite when I was little!

    Oh, I found you over at 20sb!

    Blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm in a time warp now because your life is headed down the path mine took in 2003!!

    Luckily...it's turned out pretty great since then, so I hope for you the same will happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pretty!! I use Power Point when I make my posts. I just lay the images out on a blank Power Point template and then save the sides as a jpeg.

    You should try it!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!