Saturday, July 18, 2009

Style Inspiration- Catherine Deneuve, Fashion Icon

For my second "Fashion Icon" piece I was thinking I would do a current fashion icon, someone making big waves right now. Instead, I had to go with another timelessly classy woman, Catherine Deneuve. Also, she is still ridiculously chic. There is not much to say about this woman except that she looked great, she looks great and im sorry, shemakes smoking look really cool.

I know a lot of people love Brigitte Bardot and think she is the epitome of classic French fashion, but for me, Catherine beats her every time.



Her Style:


Innocent and almost girlish.





While still being very sexy.





Classic and tailored.





With a bit of a french flair.




Channel Catherine:


  • Wear YSL. Deneuve was a good friend and muse of the designer and wore tons of YSL.
  • Quintessentially french, Deneuve did not wear much makeup. Lining your eyes while keeping your other makeup light and fresh will help you get the look.
  • Fab hair. Sexy bed head hair, a chic updo or half back. Also, wear bows!


  • Wear Chanel No. 5



  • Age Gracefully. Stay elegant, classy and chic.


Get the Look:
Shopbop. $198
Modcloth. $17.99



Shabby Apple. $60. (on sale! serious bargain!)
(in black or white) Singer 22. $866.


Heels. $108


16 comments:

  1. That headband is tres chic! I love that you find the items and give the links - I'll be sure to snag one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, another perfect choice. I have always been a huge Catherine fan and preferred her over Bardot. And I think her movies are better too, haha.
    Thanks for recommending ways to look like her. I love it when magazines/websites do that! Makes things so much easier. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine Deneuve is one classy/elegant lady. I love your style inspiration posts (well, all two of them, :p).

    ReplyDelete
  4. UR INSPIRATION POST IS AWESOM< THATS DEF A VERY CLASSY LADY!

    ONE LOVE,
    JOWY

    WWW.ISEEJANEMARY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are right her style is amazing!
    Love that photo of her with the little dog!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is amazing! She so girlie, and fresh! I love it! I saw you commented on my 20 something blogger, so I wanted to come check out your blog! Please feel free to stop by mine again anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely photos! love this post!

    thanks for sharing!


    *loves*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that she's alluring without being over the top sexy. She's got innate class and style!

    p.s. I haven't forgotten about the award, thank you! I'll be doing a post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. catherine deneuve's a timeless beauty but not only a woman wh'os famous for her looks but also a very talented actress and cool person her look is something most modern actresses or present day girls would kill for but without her class and attitude and coolness it would just be another pretty girl, which despite her great looks makes her stand out from a lot of her contemporaries because she doesn't have to rely on her looks
    and she's far more han just her looks
    I enjoyed this post and the pics a lot
    I am a big movie lover
    and I adore many of her films
    especially Polanski's Repulsion
    which is amony my very fave movies <3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so agree with you on this one! She is gorgeous, but what really gives her beauty depth, is the intelligence you can see behind her eyes. I can only hope that I would age as wonderfully as her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so concur with you on this one! She is ravishing, yet what truly gives her excellence profundity, is the insight you can see behind her eyes. I can dare to dream that I would age as magnificently as her.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!